Friday, April 27, 2012

Knitted Lace Dishcloth








I just love knitting. It is one of the things that I love to do when I come home and want to relax. I love it so much that I even knit on my lunch break at work as well as with my fried Bethany at Panera. One of the first things I learned to knit, besides the first scarf I ever made, were dish clothes. Knitting dish clothes taught me different stitches such as purl and yarn overs. Well since I started knitting and since I went to a knitting convention with my mom back in February I have accumulated a big yarn stash. Therefore, I decided that I should make some dishcloths for a while so I can get my stash down. Plus another good thing about making dish clothes right now is that they make great gifts, which is exactly what I did when I babysat my friends kids yesterday. I knew that she liked knitted dishcloths so I made her a few. This pattern is very easy for anyone to do. Unfortunately, I don't know who the designer is. I got the pattern from my mom and it said that the designer was unknown. It is so basic that anyone could have wrote or came up with it themselves. Well if you are a knitter I hope you enjoy making these lace knit dishcloths.






Lace Dishcloth

Dishcloth yarn
Size 6 or 7 needles (US)

Instructions: 
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: knit 4 
Row 2: Knit 2, yarn over, knit across the row
Repeat Row 2 until you have 44 stitches on the needle
Row 3: Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together,  knit ti the end of the row.
Repeat Row 3 until you have four stitches on the needle
Bind off and sew in loose ends.






For a nice gift, stack a few folded dishcloths and tie with a bow with some scrap yarn.  :)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails