Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jillian's Princess Cupcakes

Once again I was given the chance to make Jillian's (the girl I used to babysit) birthday cake. She was turning 5 and she wanted to have a princess tea party. So her mom decided cupcakes would be the best thing for a tea party, so I made her princess cupcakes with her favorite colors. I decided to make tiaras and wands out of chocolate. I even decorated the tiaras with edible pearl sprinkles. After placing the chocolates on each cupcake I then topped it off by sprinkling pink shimmer sugar on top. I was lucky when it came to the wrappers (which I found at Hobby Lobby) because they were pink with purple borders (they even said princess on the bottom too). They came out very cute and they looked even better on the cupcake stand.


To make the chocolate tiaras and wands I melted some candy melts in a bowl according to package directions. I then transferred the melted chocolate into Ziploc bags and snipped a small corner of the bag off. Next place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and begin drawing your designs. If you can't draw then print an image off you computer first and place that image under the was paper and trace it with the chocolate. Before the chocolate dries place the pearls on the chocolate tiaras. When dry remove from wax paper carefully and gently place on cupcake.
Enjoy :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails