Wednesday, December 8, 2010

German Chocolate Brownies


Today has to be one of the greatest national food holidays out there because today is national brownie day. So to celebrate I made my most famous brownies that everyone loves. Those brownies happen to be my German chocolate brownies. Unfortunately, I will not be able to eat any because I made them for my friend Mallory. Tomorrow is her last day at work, so I wanted to bid her farewell with some wonderful brownies. Since I am giving her this pan of brownies I don't have a picture to share of what they look like cut, but believe me they look and taste amazing. So I hope you get a chance to one day enjoy these brownies for yourself and I also hope you have a wonderful national brownie day. :)
German Chocolate Brownies
Brownies
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
Topping
25 caramel squares
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toasted coconut
Preheat the oven to 325*F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda and set aside. In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat; remove immediately from heat. Stir in the 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Cool complete,y. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
To make the topping toast the coconut under the broiler until it turns a golden brown. Mix the coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans together and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl place add the caramels, butter, and milk. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour the caramel mixture over the cooked brownies reserving a little caramel for drizzling on the top. Add the chocolate chip mixture to the top of the caramel and then drizzle the excess caramel on top. Let it cool and then enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails