Sunday, July 18, 2010

S'mores Bars


So back on the 4th of July I posted that I would be spending it alone at home. Well that did not happen because after work I loaded my puppies in to the car and we went to Atwater to spend time with my mom and sister for the night. When I got there not only did she have a lovely dinner prepared she also made a lovely desert called S'more Bars (which she had posted her her blog earlier that day). Most of it was gone, but I got lucky that there was some left. These bars were so delicious I could not control myself and I ate every last crumb. She told me that she found the recipe on the back of the Market Pantry Honey Graham Cracker box. Since I had so many marshmallows left over from when I made the Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes, I decided that I would make myself some of those s'mores bars. Once I was finished making them I could not stop eating them. And to my surprise they were all gone when I woke up in the morning. I will definitely be making these many more times because they are so delicious. Enjoy :)


S'mores Bars

12 (5x2 ½-inch) graham crackers
¾ cup butter
¾ cup packed brown sugar
3 cups miniature marshmallows
4 milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces (I used about ¾ cup chocolate chips instead)

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil leaving a 1-inch overhang on the ends; spray foil with cooking spray. Place graham crackers onto foils with side touching. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture just comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Pour evenly over crackers. Bake 5-6 minutes or until bubbly. Remove pan from oven; sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate pieces. Continue baking until marshmallows begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails