Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


For some reason every time I buy bananas, they never get eaten fast enough. Every time I want bananas I buy a whole bunch of them thinking I will eat them all. Unfortunately they are not ripe enough for me when I first buy them, therefore I let them ripen on the counter for a few days until they are to my liking. But what always seems to happen is I never get around to eating them, so I always decide to turn them into banana bread. I got this recipe from my mom many years ago and it gets so many great reviews form our friends. My friend Jeni absolutely loves this banana bread, so when I make it I usually give her one of the loafs, which makes her very happy. Well I hope you enjoy this fabulous recipe. :)
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
6-7 bananas, mashed
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside. Cream the oil with the sugar. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the mashed bananas, stirring to blend. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter, mixing well. Add the chocolate chips (you can add nuts instead of chocolate chips or you can add a little of both). Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails