Sunday, February 3, 2013

Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries


 It has been a very long time since I posted something on my blog and a lot has happened during that time.
Right after my last post I was promoted to Assistant Manager and then transferred to Bakersfield. With the promotion I was sent to Stockton for about a month, then it was off to Bakersfield. I did not move there so I was commuting sometimes from Fresno and sometimes from Visalia. I spent a lot of time on the road and pretty much had no personal life, until now because I was just transferred to Clovis. Yay!!! I will have a life again. Also during that time Tomas passed the Bar and just got a job. Yay!!! for Tomas. So now that I have my life back I thought it would be nice to start posting some of my creations again.

With today being the Super Bowl I thought I would make a nice treat to celebrate. So far there are no plans for celebrating. There are a couple of options that we were given so I thought I would be prepared just in case we go somewhere. I figured since everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries how about I make them look like footballs. Not only are they cute but they were super easy to make. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries

1 lb Strawberries 
1 bag dipping chocolate
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Wash and dry strawberries. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Melt dipping chocolate according to package directions. Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on lined baking sheet to dry. Place white chocolate chips in a ziploc bag and melt in microwave, kneading the bag every 30 seconds. Cut a corner of the bag off and squeeze onto dipped strawberries. Make a line across the top and the bottom, and another line going up the strawberry. Make a few little lines crossing over the line going up. It should resemble a football when done. Move the finished strawberries to a plate and serve.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails