Sunday, September 30, 2012

DIY Sea Shell and Burlap Wall Art


One of the things I like to look at on Pinterest is the Home Decor section. It gives me ideas on what I can do to decorate my house for cheap. While browsing through Pins, I came across this Pin on some Sea Shell wall art that someone else did. Before I even clicked on the Pin I was in love and told myself that is something I can recreate. So I clicked the Pin and read what they did. I loved what they did and thought it was beautiful, but I could not afford the $150 to do it myself. So I came up with my own way of doing it for way cheaper, and I even got to use some of the shells I collected on the beach. The total cost in the end was around $10, which was more within my budget. In the end I was very pleased with the finished product and I love how they look in my little bathroom. :) 


Supplies Needed

Burlap (found on the remnant shelf at Joanns for 50 cents)
4 picture frames (from the Dollar Tree)
Paint in Navy and White
Assortment of shells (I found the star fish 3pk for $1 and a bag of assorted shells $1 at Michaels in the impulse buy section and they were on sale that week too).
Scissors
Paint Brushes 
Hot Glue


To Make

First take out the glass and paint the picture frames the color that you would like then let dry. Next paint the shells white and let dry. Next take the glass from the frame and line it up on top of the burlap and use the glass as a guide to cut out the burlap. Now take the piece of burlap and carefully glue it to the glass while making sure it stays straight. Cut off any excess strands of burlap, if any, that gets in the way of placing the glass back in the frame. Now place the back of the frame back in place and secure shut. Now take your shells and figure out how you want them placed on the burlap. Glue in place once you decide where you like them. Now arrange your art work on the wall where you will like them. Now sit back and enjoy the beautiful art you just created for very little money.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails