Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Soft Sugar Cookies

It has been a long time since my last post. Part of it had to do with the fact that I went out of town for business. But I am back and well rested and ready to post on my blog again. While away I bought myself a new cookbook, which happened to be on clearance which is probably why I bought it. Anyways the book I bought was The Taste of Home Cookbook and it is full of great recipes that I can't wait to try. Today I tried my first recipe out of the book which was for the soft sugar cookies. They remind me of the soft sugar cookies you can buy at the grocery store, which I absolutely love. So which is why I could not resist making them, and I do not regret one bit. I will be making these for sure in the future.
Soft Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons hot water
Sprinkles, optional
Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a large mixing bow, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on an ungreassed baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. To make frosting combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend until it is fully blended. If you want you can add food coloring at this point or you can keep it white. Gently spread the frosting on to the cookies and sprinkle the sprinkles of your choice on top. Serve and enjoy :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails