Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peanut Brittle


About a year ago I made some peanut brittle and brought it to work. Ever since my co-worker Anthony has been asking when will I make it again. I told him about a month ago that I was going to make it, but I didn't get the chance until now. So after I made some I placed some in a bag and brought it to work. A couple of days later I asked if he enjoyed it and turns out he didn't even get a piece. He placed it on the table at his house and his dad got to it. Therefore Anthony got none of the peanut brittle, but his dad absolutely enjoyed it. The peanut brittle recipe I am going to share with you is one I have been using for about 10 years now. I got it from my Foods and Nutrition teacher and my family and I have been enjoying it ever since. I hope you enjoy it too. :)
Peanut Brittle
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup peanuts
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan. Boil to a hard ball stage (250*F-268*F). Remove from heat. Add peanuts. Mixture will be thick. Return to heat and boil until syrup is golden brown. Stir in butter, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour onto a buttered 10x15 cookie sheet. When cool crack into pieces. :)


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Excellent recipe! I did put extra peanuts in simply because I love peanuts though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails