Saturday, April 10, 2010

Peace Sign Cake


It was my friend Mallory's Birthday and I thought it would be nice if I made her a cute cake. I thought it would be perfect if I made her a peace sign cake because she loves peace signs. I knew I was going to make the top into a peace sign, but I had no idea what I was going to do for the rest of the cake. So after thinking about it all day at work I decided to do the sides in tie-dye. at first I did not know how I was going to attempt the tie-dye look, but I actually figured it out and it was easy. The one difficulty I had with the cake is I ran out of decorating bags so I had to use sandwich bags with the tips cut off. It was a little more difficult, but the cake still came out looking ok. And most importantly Mallory loved her cake.


A closer look at the tie-dye
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. what size cake pan did you use for your peace sign cake, I am going to try and make it look as pretty as your cake for my nieces bday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a regular 9 inch pan to make this particular cake, but you can use any size you like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails