Thursday, March 4, 2010

Monkey Peanut Butter Bars


I was bored last night so I decided I should make something yummy. I tried to find something online but every time I found something good I either didn’t have all of the ingredients or they took too long to make. Therefore, I made something that was in my cookbook I put together. That yummy treat I decided to make was Monkey Peanut Butter Bars. I got this recipe from my mom many years ago and it has been a long time since I made them as well. They came out just as good as I remember and I think everyone in my house thought they were good too because they were gone in no time. Enjoy.

Monkey Peanut Butter Bars

½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350º F. Cream together the butter and sugars. Blend the peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Add flour and oatmeal. Mix well. Spread into greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to the oven and bake for 8 more minutes. Remove and smooth out chocolate chips. Cool and enjoy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails